Since it opened in 1982, Alta View Hospital has offered
a full spectrum of inpatient and outpatient services. Alta View is well known for high-quality care in women’s health,
orthopedics and sports medicine, medical and surgical services — and for
its personable, compassionate, family-oriented atmosphere.
Alta View Hospital has been included on several lists of the nation's top 100 community hospitals, as ranked by independent healthcare consultants. The hospital has been cited for its high-quality outpatient and women's health programs and its cutting-edge technology, which helps patients return home sooner than they do at most hospitals its size. Alta View is also a partner working to improve the quality of life of the community it serves
Making improvements to better serve you
Alta View Hospital is in the middle of a large multi-year remodeling project. The most visible improvement so far is the lobby and entrance area — which is now more open, inviting, and beautiful. Other changes are making visits
to the hospital more comfortable and convenient.
- Better layout in the imaging department to make it easier
- New Registration area that is wheelchair friendly and easier for patients to locate
- Updated Women’s Center, including a new jacuzzi room for laboring mothers and an updated nursery
- New café and dining area with cozy seating
- A large reception desk at the entrance so visitors will always see a friendly face when they arrive
- A big new conference room for community lectures and other hospital events
The slideshow below gives a quick look at some of the projects we've completed so far.
Construction is continuing inside and outside of the hospital throughout 2014-15.
- Redesigned road approach. We’re planning a large road project that will transform the weed-filled lot
west of the campus into a beautiful new approach road to the hospital. The
project will add parking spaces and clear the way for building and service
expansion while also helping to beautify the community.
- Patient rooms “transformed.” Alta View Hospital is partnering with the Intermountain Healthcare
Transformation Lab to design eight new patient rooms equipped with technology
that’s so new it’s not being used anywhere else in the country. These rooms
will serve as a pilot project for ideas to transform the way hospitals care for
patients today and in the future.
Please bear with us during our construction, and watch for
changes the next time you come.
Alta View Hospital is an active community partner. As a founding member of the Healthy Sandy Partnership, the hospital works with business, government, school, and community members to improve health and wellness. Examples include school-based immunization clinics, free flu shots, dental screening initiatives, and much more.
Intermountain hospitals conducted a Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) to identify local area healthcare needs, and each hospital developed an implementation strategy to address a significant local health priority in accordance with the Affordable Care Act. The full report for Alta View Hospital's 2013 CHNA and Implementation Strategy
is available online.