Sports Medicine in Bountiful, Salt Lake City, Riverton, & Murray
Sports medicine practitioners diagnose and care for sports-related conditions. Our sports medicine doctors help you prevent and recover from injuries and maximize your physical function whether you are an athlete or looking to establish a healthy exercise routine.
In addition, our trained radiology technicians provide x-ray and imaging services.
Medical procedures are an important part of both diagnosis and treatment of injuries and medical problems. The following is a sampling of procedures commonly performed by doctors within the Sports Medicine Specialty Group:
- Joint injection or aspiration
- Fracture reduction (setting broken bones)
- Fracture casting/splinting
- Skin care (sewing cuts, looking at rashes in wrestlers, etc.)
- Compartment pressure testing – measuring pressure in legs when they hurt during or after exercise
- Breathing tests (Spirometry) to test for exercise-induced asthma
- Exercise stress treadmill and EKG to test for heart conditions or problems with exercise
- ECG, Holter monitor testing – evaluating heart rhythm conditions
- Ultrasound – a new tool to diagnose “soft tissue” injuries such as rotator cuff tears, muscle or tendon tears, cysts, etc.
For hours and phone numbers, see Bountiful, LiVe Well Center - Salt Lake City, Murray, or Riverton.