Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Neurology
Job Number 136580
This position is accountable for the provision of patient care and other activities as permitted by licensure and defined within Credentialing and Privileging documentation (hospital), Credentialing and Scope of Practice (Medical Group), Consultation and Referral Plan (DOPL) or other similar documentation as appropriate. As part of that patient care, this position is accountable to: deliver optimal patient care through effective clinical practice; education of the patient, patient’s family, clinical staff, and others; consultation with other healthcare providers; and maintain current knowledge regarding options for optimal patient care and outcomes.
Entry Rate: Based on experience
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: Days
Additional Details: NP will be providing services to outpatients, helping cover inpatients with two physicians, tracking epilepsy surgical patients, and programming vagal nerve stimulators (VNS); previous NP experience is preferred
Nurse Practitioner (APRN) - Professional Accountability
Practice within scope of licensure as defined in the Utah Nurse Practice Act/Rules (58-31b, R156-31b), national certification, education, training, and consistent with Intermountain Healthcare approved privileges and/or other aspects of the credentialing process.
Advanced practice registered nursing includes: maintenance and promotion of health and prevention of disease; diagnosis, treatment, correction, consultation, and referral for common health problems; prescription or administration of prescription drugs or devices including: local anesthesia; schedule IV-V controlled substances; and schedule II-III controlled substances in accordance with a consultation and referral plan.
Position Specific Duties
This position is accountable for the provision of patient care and other duties as permitted by licensure and defined within Credentialing and Privileging documentation (hospital), Credentialing and Scope of Practice (Medical Group), Consultation and Referral Plan (NP), Delegation of Services Agreement (PA) (DOPL) or other similar documentation as appropriate.
- Perform patient assessment to obtain a complete and accurate record of the patient’s clinical information and medical symptoms. Order tests and exams to obtain additional information needed to ensure proper and complete care of patient.
- Based on assessment, diagnose patient needs and determine a plan of care. Interpret patient care tests and exams to obtain needed information to guide care.
- Provide for the treatment of the patient (and oversee the treatment provided by others) including appropriate prescriptive practice to achieve optimal clinical outcomes for the patient. Utilize advanced specialty knowledge to ensure that the care provided is appropriate, effective, timely, and cost efficient.
- Perform diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures as defined by scope of practice.
- Appropriate and timely documentation of clinical care. Code and bill accurately per established protocol and procedure. Ensure that records are detailed and complete, and comply with related standards and regulations.
- Conduct and/or coordinate education to increase the knowledge of patient, patient family, and others. Providing appropriate instruction based on patient needs to support the continuum of care.
- Train other staff in areas of clinical expertise. Provides teaching of students as appropriate to increase their clinical knowledge and ensure safe patient care.
- Stay abreast of current trends in healthcare practice and participate in continuing medical education to ensure optimal clinical knowledge and effective patient care skill.
-Coordinates and collaborates patient care efforts with other care providers.
-Communicates clinical information timely, accurately, thoroughly, and appropriately to other providers of patient care.
-May collaborate with other care providers in the effective sharing of practice expertise.
-May participate in research and utilizes evidence-based practice to promote quality patient care, protocol development, care process model development, and best practice standards for assigned patient population. Supports professional development through research processes.
Current state license as an Advance Practice Registered Nurse (APRN).
Certification as a Nurse Practitioner (Credentialing requirement).
Eligible for State Controlled Substance License II through V.
Eligible for Federal DEA Certificate II through V.
BLS Certification for Healthcare Providers.
Other certification as required (e.g. ACLS, PALS, TNCC, NRP).
Hearing/Listening, Manual Dexterity, Lifting, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Speaking
Applicable experience as defined by position leadership
Applicable certification from a recognized certifying organization such as American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
Master's degree or higher
Previous Nurse Practitioner experience
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Job Type: Part Time
Location: Murray, UT, US