Patient Care Asst. - Intermountain Medical Center – Maternity
Job Number 144050
Intermountain Medical Center Maternity Unit provides a unique way to practice nursing in a family friendly environment. Working in Maternity provides a fabulous opportunity to interact with patients at the beginning of their lives. CNAs that work on the Maternal/Newborn floor have the exciting opportunity to take care of both the mother and the well newborn. As a CNA caring for patients on the maternity unit you will be assisting postpartum patients with breastfeeding, monitoring newborns, demonstrating care of the newborn to new parents, participate in maintaining a secure environment for our patients, and reinforcing extensive patient teaching. Being a CNA on the Maternal/Newborn Unit has been described as the best job ever!
The Patient Care Assistant is a vital part of the patient care team providing care and comfort to patients and families under the direction of the nursing staff. In this position you will be able to utilize and develop your clinical skills to ensure a positive patient experience.
1. Prioritizes and delivers basic patient care which may include toileting, bathing, linen and clothing changes, fresh water and ice, ambulating, comfort measures, and other patient needs.
2. Assists with admission, discharge, and transfer of patients.
3. Provides excellent customer service when responding to patient/family requests.
4. Reports and records patient care findings and data in a timely manner. Reports changes in the patient condition quickly, and secures qualified assistance as needed.
1. Collaborates and consults with RN and other members of the interdisciplinary team for best patient care.
2. Demonstrate effective teamwork, prioritization, communication, and organization.
3. Performs non-nursing duties as delegated, i.e.: cleaning, stocking, answering phones, clerical support, providing directions, etc.
4. Implements plan of care as delegated.
5. Performs assigned duties within scope of practice and performs specialized procedures with skill validation and according to regulatory standards. Fosters a safe environment by complying with the safety policy and taking appropriate action in an emergency.
Entry Rate: $10.08
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: This is a Part time, Variable shift which requires rotating weekends. (Most shifts are 12 hours). Variable shift includes Day and Night shifts. This position will support the night shift and requires flexibility to work Days shift.
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) Certification OR current enrollment in an accredited nursing school with successful completion of first clinical rotation
· This position requires verifiable current Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR certification. An original card must be verified prior to start date or the job offer will be withdrawn.
· For additional information regarding CPR requirements please visit our Job Requirements Page .Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Must be able to regularly lift 50 pounds unassisted, be on your feet for entire shift including walking, pulling, pushing, twisting.
· Must be able to transfer and position patients independently and safely
Six or more months work experience as a Certified Nurse Assistant
· Basic computer skills
After applying, please check your email often. Some positions require assessment testing and notification will be sent to you through email. Once the email notification is sent, you will have 24 hours to complete the assessment. If the assessment is not completed within the allotted time frame, your application may not be considered.
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Job Type: Part Time
Location: Murray, UT, US