Clinical Nutrition Manager - McKay-Dee Hospital
Job Number 145735
Responsible for the operation, leadership, and management of clinical nutrition services. Utilizes critical thinking skills and advanced knowledge to implement quality Medical Nutrition Therapy and cost effective patient care.
1. Provides value-based leadership to establish a high functioning clinical nutrition team and operates in an accountable environment.
2. Collaborates with food-service management to facilitate a seamless integration of the nutrition care process.
3. Facilitates all human resource functions including: hiring, staffing, training, mentoring, evaluating, conflict resolution, constructive discipline and termination.
4. Establishes policies, and procedures, using evidenced based Medical Nutrition Therapy, best practices, and established regulatory guidelines.
5. Instigates and develops department strategic plans, initiatives, and goals to improve efficiency and provide quality Medical Nutrition Therapy.
6. Responsible for developing department budget and meeting budget goals, including expenses, revenue and productive labor hours.
7. Initiates and collaborates on research and continuous quality improvement projects and integrates results into evidence-based practice.
8. Serves as a liaison, providing nutrition education and resources to healthcare professionals, the dietetics profession, and the community.
9. Participates as an active member of the Intermountain Clinical Nutrition Management Task Force and other Intermountain teams in standardizing nutrition care.
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: Full time, 40 hours a week.
Department: Food and Nutrition - McKay-Dee Hospital
Masters in dietetics, nutrition, management or related field with successful completion of an approved Academy for Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) program. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
Certified Dietitian State of Utah.
Five years clinical nutrition experience.
Knowledge of current medical nutrition therapy.
Demonstrated leadership and administrative experience.
Food handler's permit (as required by facility).
CPR (as required by facility).
Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pushing/Pulling, Seeing, Speaking, Standing
Demonstrated research and refereed publications credit.
Specialty certification such as CDE, CSP, CSR, CNSD, etc.
Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and/or other related professional associations/organizations.
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Ogden, UT, US