Patient Care Asst. - LDS Hospital - Maternity
Job Number 149299
LDS Hospital is a full-service hospital that offers a complete range of high-quality wellness, diagnostic, and treatment services to our community. We continue to provide our community with high-quality clinical outcomes, technological progress, exceptional efficiency, and extraordinary personal service.
The Patient Care Assistant is a vital part of the patient care team providing care and comfort to patients and families under the direction of the nursing staff. In this position you will be able to utilize and develop your clinical skills to ensure a positive patient experience.
1. Prioritizes and delivers basic patient care which may include toileting, bathing, linen and clothing changes, fresh water and ice, ambulating, comfort measures, and other patient needs.
2. Assists with admission, discharge, and transfer of patients.
3. Provides excellent customer service when responding to patient/family requests.
4. Reports and records patient care findings and data in a timely manner. Reports changes in the patient condition quickly, and secures qualified assistance as needed.
1. Collaborates and consults with RN and other members of the interdisciplinary team for best patient care.
2. Demonstrate effective teamwork, prioritization, communication, and organization.
3. Performs non-nursing duties as delegated, i.e.: cleaning, stocking, answering phones, clerical support, providing directions, etc.
4. Implements plan of care as delegated.
5. Performs assigned duties within scope of practice and performs specialized procedures with skill validation and according to regulatory standards. Fosters a safe environment by complying with the safety policy and taking appropriate action in an emergency.
Entry Rate: $10.08
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: This is a Part time, Variable shift position which requires rotating weekends and Holidays. (Variable shift includes Day and Night Shifts)
Department: LDS Hospital Maternity Dept.
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) Certification OR current enrollment in an accredited nursing school with successful completion of first clinical rotation
This position requires verifiable current Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR certification. An original card must be verified prior to start date or the job offer will be withdrawn. For additional information regarding CPR requirements please visit our Job Requirements Page .
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Must be able to regularly lift 50 pounds unassisted, be on your feet for entire shift including walking, pulling, pushing, twisting.
Must be able to transfer and position patients independently and safely
· Six or more months experience as a Certified Nurse Assistant
· Basic computer skills
After applying, please check your email often. Some positions require assessment testing and notification will be sent to you through email. Once the email notification is sent, you will have 24 hours to complete the assessment. If the assessment is not completed within the allotted time frame, your application may not be considered further.
All positions subject to close without notice
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Part Time
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, US