The Health Benefits Specialist position is a great opportunity to be part of a world-class team and embark on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. SelectHealth has been named a winner of the Alfred P Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility. The award recognizes employers that are successfully using workplace flexibility to meet both employer and employee goals.
The Health Benefit Specialist is responsible for the provision of excellent customer service to all SelectHealth members, employer groups, providers, facilities and other SelectHealth departments as they help them access their health benefits and determine eligibility.
Courses are offered several times per year as needed.
What is included:
- Eight weeks of comprehensive training
- Students are paid the position's full hourly rate of $13.61/hr while in training.
- Positions are benefits eligible
Applicants for the SelectHealth Health Benefits Specialist Training must meet the following selection qualifications:
- At least one year previous customer service experience
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent follow-up, organizational skills and analytical skills
- Ability to problem solve and work well under pressure
- Self motivated
- Bilingual in Spanish / English is desired
The training for the Health Benefits Specialist training position is full-time for eight-weeks and will be located at the SelectHealth campus in West Valley City, UT.
During the eight-week training period, employees will have a schedule of Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. Employees must be able to attend all training.
For the first six months after training, schedule will be from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm with the possibility of some evenings and Saturdays. Operating hours are 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday hours are 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Contact us for more information
Phone: (801) 442-2100