Intermountain Healthcare stresses that a postgraduate administrative fellowship experience should benefit both the fellow and the organization.
Intermountain Healthcare offers its Postgraduate Administrative Fellowship Program to select graduates from accredited graduate programs in the following areas:
- Health Services Administration
- Business Administration with a concentration in Health Services
Fellows receive exposure to the operation of an integrated delivery system and increase
their understanding of management in a dynamic health care setting through participation in a wide variety of projects, meetings and other professional experiences.
2014 Fellowship Program Information
Objectives for the fellow
- To cultivate a philosophy, code of ethics and set of values in a company dedicated to excellence in patient care and health care administration.
- To develop leadership skills
- To acquire marketable administrative and technical skills
- To demonstrate management potential in specific areas at various levels through diversified line and/or staff responsibilities that will contribute to the organization.
Objectives for the organization
- To provide a bridge from academia to practice.
- To expose talented individuals to the philosophy, mission and values of Intermountain.
- To provide the opportunity for executives of Intermountain to develop and exercise teaching and mentoring skills.
Process & Timeline
Fellowship tenure and stipend
The fellowship is a one-year program beginning in midsummer. A competitive salary is negotiated each year. Intermountain pays for the fellow to attend one instructional conference during his or her tenure. Moving expenses are contributed by Intermountain.
Intermountain offers a fellowship position on odd numbered years (i.e. 2011, 2013). Applications are accepted online in September or October of the preceding year. For exact application deadlines please e-mail email@example.com. Applications generally require the following items:
- A resume
- A written essay of the applicant’s career goals and objectives.
- Two letters of recommendation including at least one from either the director of the applicant’s graduate program or the applicant’s academic advisor.
Interviews with the top applicants will take place at Intermountain’s headquarters in Salt Lake City.
About Intermountain Healthcare
Intermountain Healthcare is a nonprofit organization serving the health care needs of the Intermountain West through an integrated system of hospitals, clinics, physicians and health plans. Intermountain activities include:
- Operation of 21 hospitals in Utah and Idaho with approximately 2,700 licensed beds.
- More than 400 employed and 2,200 affiliated physicians practice in Intermountain clinics and hospitals, serving more than 100,000 inpatients and providing 4.6 million outpatient visits annually.
- Select Health offers products linking the delivery network with health care financing for nearly 500,000 members, with products such as Intermountain Care, a large-panel health maintenance organization (HMO); Select Med, a group model HMO; Intermountain Access, an HMO providing comprehensive medical coverage to Medicaid enrollees; and health promotion and education programs.
- Intermountain Homecare provides nearly 400,000 home health care visits annually.
- Intermountain WorkMed clinics provide occupational health services to the business community.
- Intermountain InstaCare clinics provide urgent care services.
- The Intermountain Medical Group focuses on developing the partnership between physicians and Intermountain Healthcare.
- Intermountain Clinical Support Services is responsible for Medical Research, Nursing, Risk Management, Total Quality Management and several centers of excellence.
- Intermountain Foundation is a philanthropic organization that awards grants in support of community health
Excellence in the provision of health care services to the communities in the Intermountain Region.
- Excellent service to our patients, health plan members, customers and physicians is our most important consideration
- We will provide our services with integrity. Our actions will enhance our reputation and reflect the trust placed in us by those we serve.
- Our employees are our most important resource. We will attract exceptional individuals at all levels of the organization and provide fair compensation and opportunities for personal and professional growth. We will recognize and reward employees who achieve excellence in their work.
- We will reflect the caring and noble nature of our mission in all that we do. Our services must be high quality, cost-effective and accessible, achieving a balance between community needs and available resources.
- It is our intent to be a model health-care system. We will strive to be a national leader in nonprofit health-care delivery.
- We will maintain the financial strength necessary to fulfill our mission.