Intermountain Healthcare offers a five-week Clinical Lab Assistant training program. Under close supervision, Clinical Lab Assistants provide support to Medical Technologists and Medical Lab Technicians by preparing samples for clinical testing and/or transport.
Training Program Details:
- Five-week course offered throughout the year on an as-needed basis.
- Students are full-time Intermountain Healthcare employees working 40 hours/week.
- Classes are held at 5245 South College Drive.
- Tuition and training materials are included.
- Students are paid an hourly rate of $8.65/hour during training. Hourly rate increases to $11.21/hour upon completion of training.
- Students are eligible for benefits during training.
Training Program Duties:
- Receiving specimens.
- Identification, labeling, and distributing laboratory samples to appropriate areas.
- Data entry and routine instrument checks.
- Calculating test results using preset procedures.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good work history.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Great customer service skills
A work commitment of 2080 hours per year is required or the student reimburses Intermountain Healthcare $1,500 to cover the cost of tuition and training materials.