Founded in 1939 and located approximately 40 miles south of Salt Lake City, Utah Valley Regional Medical Center
has become a 400-bed referral health care facility serving Utah County, and central and southern Utah.
Providing health care to patients from both rural and urban areas provides for a diverse pharmacy practice, and offers unique challenges to the student and professional.
Pharmacy services cover specialty areas commonly found in medium to large health care facilities; however, significant emphasis is also placed on family practice, cardiology, and newborn intensive care.
- Complete 3 core and 6 elective rotations
- Staff 32 hours per month on a patient care unit (8 hours every other weekend)
- Complete a year-long residency project
- Poster presentation at ASHP’s Midyear Clinical Meeting
- Podium presentation at an applicable residency conference
- Present to the system-wide P&T Committee
- Submit an article for the system-wide newsletter
- Present two ACPE-accredited CEs to pharmacy staff
- Participate in twice-monthly resident core curriculum with other Intermountain residents
Additional Teaching Certificate
An additional teaching certificate may be earned by completing the following additional requirements:
- Develop and present a one hour lecture at a college of pharmacy
- Lead an active learning exercise at a college of pharmacy
- Act as primary preceptor for at least one pharmacy student on rotation
- Participate in select core curriculum assignments related to teaching