SANDY, UT — Mammogram or massage? Women don’t have to
choose at the Alta View Hospital “Ladies Night Out” event June 19. The evening
brings together pampering, good food, and one-on-one access to medical experts
who can answer questions and give advice for living a healthier life. Doctors
will also be providing reduced-cost Botox injections and laser-hair removal.
Ladies Night Out will
be held June 19, 6 to 8:30 p.m., at the Alta View Hospital Specialty Center,
9450 S. 1300 East, Sandy, UT.
The night will offer plenty of fun options for women of all
- Six Sisters’ Stuff — Meet the women behind one of Utah’s most
popular blogs. The Six Sisters will be on hand to sign copies of their new book
and talk about blogging, cooking, crafting, and caring for family.
- One Sweet Slice — The baking experts who won Food Network’s
“Cupcake Wars” will teach women how to use a variety of decorating tips to
create gorgeous confections. Visitors can use their new skills to decorate
their own cupcake.
- Massages — Get a free
- Yoga instruction — Learn simple yoga moves you can do at your
desk or home to ease stress and get your body moving.
- Free gift (while supplies last) and drawings for prizes.
- Delicious food and great music.
Ladies Night Out will also give women access to more than
two dozen health experts who can offer opinions and advice on everything from
allergies and exercise, to sleep problems and varicose veins.
Alta View Hospital will also offer walk-in mammograms that
night for women over age 40. (Please bring your insurance card.) And the Alta
View Nurse Midwives will perform free clinical breast exams.
Doctors and a nutritionist will hold quick presentations,
then be available for consultations, on these topics and more:
- "Have a Ball! How to do
a range of exercises — from easy to challenging — with an
exercise ball," by Physical Therapist Eric Passey
- "Pregnancy Brain, Ligament
Pain and Other Pregnancy Concerns," by Certified Nurse Midwife Jacqui
- Breast Augmentation, by Plastic
Surgeon David Clayton, MD
- Heart Health, by Cardiologist
Hannah Raasch, MD
- Superfoods, by Dietitian Lindsay
- Healthy Skin, by Dermatologist
Adam Taintor, MD