The scariest thing you can do this Halloween is to ignore your health! Logan Regional Hospital is hosting an important adult health fair on Saturday, October 29, from 9 to 11 a.m. The event provides many free health screenings for all adult community residents, as well as health resource assistance and information for individuals who may not have health insurance or who need help accessing healthcare services.
“With each health fair we conduct, our physicians, nurses and techs are able help individuals identify potential health risks they might not have otherwise discovered on their own,” said Troy Oldham, Logan Regional Hospital director of Communications. “Early detection is very important in managing these issues and therefore we encourage anyone with a health risk or concern to follow up promptly with their personal physician.”
The adult health fair includes many free health screenings and services, including:
Prescription medicine disposal site. The health fair includes a prescription medicine disposal drop-off site, with a drive-up disposal option available, sponsored by Intermountain Pharmacies and Logan City Police.
A dozen health screenings. All health screenings are free and no appointment is necessary. Quantities are limited on some screenings on a first-come basis:
- Cholesterol test, fast nine hours prior
- Blood sugar test, fast nine hours prior
- Blood pressure check, with interpretation available for cholesterol, blood sugar, and blood pressure by Brad M. Goates, M.D.
- Eye pressure check, by Matthew D. Hammond, M.D., ophthalmology
- Eye diabetic screening, by Jonathan A. Feistmann, M.D., ophthalmology
- Podiatrist foot screening, by Daniel J. Huff, DPM, podiatry
- Hand and carpal tunnel screening, by Casey N. Isom, M.D., plastic surgery
- Bone density ankle Dexa-scan screening, by Budge Clinic Imaging staff
- Balance screening, by Suzanne Thorson, P.T., and BreeAnn Allred, P.T.
- Hearing screening, by Andrew Cobabe, audiologist
- Neuropathy screening, monofilament fiber test (tests for feeling in the foot), by Canyon View Orthopedics staff
- Wound and diabetic foot check (visual check for wounds or other signs of diabetes-related foot/lower leg conditions) by Logan Regional Hospital Wound Care Clinic and Canyon View Orthopedics staff
- Blood pressure check
Additional health information and services
- Exercises for osteoporosis, by Suzanne Thorson, P.T., and BreeAnn Allred, P.T.
- Saving money on prescription medications, by Pharmacists Scott Flippence and Billy McCracken
- Community resources for uninsured and underinsured, including services available at the Cache Valley Community Health Clinic and local agencies, as well as how to apply for financial assistance for healthcare services
- Understanding advance directives
For more information about the Logan Regional Hospital Adult Health Fair, call the Logan Regional Education Center at (435) 716-5310 or visit loganregional.org.