Intermountain Healthcare publishes Intermountain Issues, a monthly newsletter that keeps our trustees up to date on issues that impact Intermountain and those we serve. Here is an archive of past editions, in downloadable PDF format:
Previous Newsletter Editions
– Intermountain announces new EMR strategy.
Intermountain Issues — September 2013
– How Intermountain is complying with Meaningful Use.
– Online resources offer answers to ACA questions.
– Governor’s Health Summit reviews Medicaid expansion options.
– Intermountain welcomes Gail Miller to Board of Trustees.
– Life Flight celebrates 35 years of saving lives.
– Intermountain hosts meeting of health systems.
– Utah Business honors seven Intermountain leaders.
– Imminent changes due to the Affordable Care Act.
Intermountain Issues — August 2013
– Shared Accountability: Hotspotting.
– Intermountain mid-year financial update.
– Primary Children’s Medical Center will change its name.
– Healthcare Transformation Lab opens.
– New recognition for Intermountain.
– French national healthcare system leaders visit Intermountain.
Intermountain Issues — July 2013
– Three new members join Intermountain's Board of Trustees.
– Clinical Programs are key to quality care.
– Intermountain informaticist named to national healthcare work group.
– Three Intermountain hospitals recognized among top 1% nationally.
– Recent national recognition for IT Leadership.
Intermountain Issues — June 2013
– Suzie Draper testifies before U.S. Senate Finance Committee.
– Shared Accountability strategy enhances health and wellness.
– Legislative task force discusses Medicaid expansion.
– Obama administration delays health insurance mandate for large employers.
– Healthy Dialogues speaker advocates for reform focused on prevention, wellness.
Intermountain Issues — May 2013
– Pharmacy services integratedfor increased efficiency and better care.
– Tracking and managing cumulative medical radiation exposure.
– Utah among nation's best for stroke treatment response time.
– Bert Zimmerli listed among nation's top CFOs.
– Clinical Excellence: Speeding the diagnosis of pneumonia in emergency patients.
– New interactive Intermountain Healthcare Annual Report is now available online.
Intermountain Issues — April 2013
– Intermountain's Clinical Quality Board Goals for 2013.
– Utah has nation's lowest health costs, according to The Wall Street Journal.
– Intermountain receives the 'Gallup Great Workplace Award' for the third straight year.
– Forbes lists Intermountain in 21 'Most Admired' information technology experts.
– SelectHealth Advantage plan receives Senior Choice Gold Award for excellence.
– The Affordable Care Act: Implications for Intermountain.
Intermountain Issues — March 2013
– David Flood is Intermountain's new Chief Development Officer.
– 2013 Trustee Conference highlights "healthcare transformation."
– Ron Larkin, MD, receives the William N. Jones Trustee of Excellence Award.
– Intermountain Board Chair Scott Anderson is named "A Giant in Our City."
– Intermountain physician executives again recognized by Modern Healthcare.
– SelectHealth CEO Pat Richards is honored by Utah Business.
– "We Cannot Let This Moment Slip Away."
Intermountain Issues — February 2013
– Recap of 2013 Utah legislative session.
– Intermountain's 2013 Community Benefit goals.
– Five-year deal with Deloitte to develop and provide health analytics.
– Intermountain's Supply Chain Organization wins national award.
– New Intermountain technologies demonstrated at HIMSS 2013.
– Intermountain launches new LiVe Well website.
– Author Shannon Brownlee: Intermountain is "at the center of a revolution."
Intermountain Issues — January 2013
– Community Care Foundation provides $100,000 to provide dental care to children in need.
– SelectHealth receives top ratings from consumers for HMO and CHIP plans.
– New LaVell Edwards video is on our updated HealingForLife.com website.
– American College of Medical Quality honors Intermountain for quality care.
– Intermountain hospitals rated highly in several industry rankings.
– Avenue H: Utah's health insurance exchange.
– Intermountain will explore new options for Electronic Medical Records.
– LiVe Well: KSL and Intermountain team up in new sponsorship program.
– Glassdoor names Intermountain to America's "Top 50 Best Places to Work."