Intermountain Healthcare publishes Intermountain Issues, a monthly newsletter that keeps our trustees up to date on issues that impact Intermountain and those we serve. Here is an archive of past editions, in downloadable PDF format:
Previous Newsletter Editions
– Trustees are invited to Healthy Dialogues luncheon on August 26.
Intermountain Issues — July 2014
– TeleCritical Care Support Center moves from pilot to operation phase.
– Intermountain names Sameer Badlani, MD, as Chief Health Information Officer.
– New Patient Advisory Council helps Intermountain improve the patient experience.
– Shared Accountability: Building a bridge to transform healthcare.
– Intermountain named one of nation’s best in connecting patients and doctors.
– Nine Intermountain hospitals designated “Community Value Five-Star Hospitals."
– Intermountain hospitals honored for low rates of readmission for heart failure.
– Find dozens of Healthy Hikes on Intermountain’s LiVe Well website.
– Innovation at Intermountain supports the development of new solutions.
– Intermountain Chief Purchasing Officer inducted into Bellwether League.
– Intermountain adds two new Clinical Programs.
Intermountain Issues — June 2014
– Dr. Timothy Johnson joins Intermountain’s Board of Trustees.
– Intermountain Homecare & Hospice gets a new name and a new office.
– Intermountain’s Transformation Lab will design the hospital of the future.
– Intermountain supports Utah’s Clear the Air Challenge.
– Three Intermountain hospitals are among “20 most beautiful in America.”
– Intermountain researchers share breakthroughs with international audiences.
– Intermountain leaders receive recognition.
– Annual Report showcases how Intermountain promotes health and wellness.
– Download Intermountain’s new Health Hub mobile app.
Intermountain Issues — May 2014
– Op-ed: Intermountain described as “world class.”
– Charles Sorenson, MD, shares Intermountain’s story with national leaders.
– U.S. News & World Report ranks Primary Children’s as one of nation’s best.
– Utah Governor honors Intermountain with “Excellence in Energy” award.
– American Heart Association recognizes Intermountain as “Fit-Friendly Worksite.”
– Intermountain leader will chair Health Level Seven (HL7) International.
– Intermountain experts team with local broadcasters to improve health.
- Harvard Business School Professor Clayton Christensen joins Board of Trustees.
Intermountain Issues — April 2014
- Explore and share Intermountain’s new Annual Report.
- Shared Accountability information series: How are we redesigning care?
- Laura S. Kaiser shares Intermountain insights at the Scottsdale Institute.
- Primary Children’s Hospital opens new lobby after year of construction.
- SelectHealth helps thousands understand the ACA.
- See online Q&A with Healthy Dialogues speaker Dr. Christine Cassel.
- Intermountain receives recognition.
- Introducing iCentra: Intermountain-Cerner collaboration moves forward.
Intermountain Issues — March 2014
- National medical transport leader visits Intermountain Life Flight.
- Intermountain’s Healing for Life magazine is available digitally.
- Experts answer questions about knee, hip, and joint problems.
- Recent Intermountain and SelectHealth honors.
- Board Goals focus on Dimensions of Care.
Intermountain Issues — February 2014
- Intermountain streamlines patient health education materials.
- PeopleSoft system launches in April.
- Experts answer questions about heart disease.
- ‘Health Heroes’ are LiVe Well role models.
- Recent Intermountain and SelectHealth honors.
- RSVP now for the 2014 Intermountain Trustee Conference on March 21.
Intermountain Issues — January 2014
- Update on Utah’s 2014 legislative session.
- Utah State Legislature honors Intermountain Healthcare.
- Intermountain opens new Personalized Care Clinic.
- First in a series: Why is Shared Accountability necessary?
- Intermountain to provide transplant care to patients across U.S.
- Medical Group, Homecare, and SelectHealth achieve patient service goals.
- Sign up for LiVE Well’s weekly ‘healthy tips’ text messages.
- Teleservices at Intermountain.
Intermountain Issues — December 2013
- KUTV’s new ‘Ask the Expert’ features Intermountain experts.
- 2014 Utah legislative session is set to begin.
- Intermountain expands employee LiVe Well program for 2014.
- Intermountain shows positive patient engagement progress in 2013.
- Heart Institute achieves perfect STEMI patient response times scores.
- Intermountain’s awards in 2013 reflect Extraordinary Care efforts.
- Year-end financial update.
Intermountain Issues — November 2013
- Shared Accountability strategy moves from development toward implementation.
- Benefits of Intermountain’s integrated structure.
- Intermountain joins a specialty pharmacy network.
- Intermountain’s Office of Research launches a blog for updates on new studies.
- Research at Intermountain helps predict diabetic patients’ risk for heart disease.
- LiVe Well ad wins international Clio Award.
- Intermountain Supply Chain is ranked fourth in the nation for efficiency
- Intermountain and Deloitte launch new population health data tool.
Intermountain Issues — October 2013
- Intermountain joins Huntsman collaboration on children’s cancer research center.
- Greg Bell named President/CEO of the Utah Hospital Association.
- CDC report encourages providers to avoid overuse of antibiotics.
- Intermountain Healthcare’s new GermWatch app helps physicians.
- Dr. Elizabeth Hammond honored by the College of American Pathologists.
- Dr. Linda Leckman receives the 2013 ATHENA Award.
- Intermountain hospitals are recognized.
– Intermountain announces new EMR strategy.
Intermountain Issues — September 2013
– How Intermountain is complying with Meaningful Use.
– Online resources offer answers to ACA questions.
– Governor’s Health Summit reviews Medicaid expansion options.
– Intermountain welcomes Gail Miller to Board of Trustees.
– Life Flight celebrates 35 years of saving lives.
– Intermountain hosts meeting of health systems.
– Utah Business honors seven Intermountain leaders.
– Imminent changes due to the Affordable Care Act.
Intermountain Issues — August 2013
– Shared Accountability: Hotspotting.
– Intermountain mid-year financial update.
– Primary Children’s Medical Center will change its name.
– Healthcare Transformation Lab opens.
– French national healthcare system leaders visit Intermountain.
– Three new members join Intermountain's Board of Trustees.
– Clinical Programs are key to quality care.
– Intermountain informaticist named to national healthcare work group.
– Three Intermountain hospitals recognized among top 1% nationally.