Trustees are entrusted to:
- Make decisions that are guided by Intermountain's Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Establish policies and programs for your part of Intermountain, in accordance with system-wide policies.
- Participate in the development of a business plan, which includes a capital and operating budget, and a long-range plan. Then, ensure that your part of Intermountain has the resources to — in an efficient, prudent way — achieve its goals.
- Establish appropriate controls so that approved policies are implemented.
- Delegate authority to the facility's CEO and staff.
- Avoid self-dealing and conflicts of interest.
- Provide input and advice about community healthcare, charity care, health insurance, and business needs.