Finding a recipe that is healthy and delicious can be quite the challenge. But I've got a recipe that is both healthy and delicious, and I encourage you to put this recipe to the taste test.
- 2 cups fresh/frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved (more if desired)
- 1 large avacado, pitted, pealed, cubed
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- Romaine lettuce
- Fresh Cilantro (to taste)
- Bring a sauce pan of water to boil and add corn and edamame. Cook 3 minutes. Pour into a strainer and rinse thoroughly with cold water. Place in a large bowl and add tomatoes and avacado.
- Assemble the salad, in a small bowl mix lime juice and 1 teaspoon salt and 1.8 teaspoon pepper and slowly whisk in oil. Pour dressing over salad, gently stir.
- Serve over a bed of romaine lettuce or baby spinach. Garnish with Cilantro.
Makes 4, 1-cup servings.
Amount per serving: 270 Kcals | 29g Carbs | 14 g Fat | 12g Protein | 100% Vitamin A