A favorite recipe of patients and visitors at LDS Hospital, our Waldorf Chicken Salad Wrap was featured in FoodService Director magazine – a national magazine highlighting innovations and trends in food service industries.
Waldorf Chicken Salad Wrap
1 pound of chicken breast (or 4 each)
3 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
3 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1 Fuji apple
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon curry powder
1.5 teaspoons lemon juice
1/3 cup red grapes
3 teaspoons parsley, chopped
1.5 teaspoons tarragon, chopped
4 ounces mixed greens
1 tomato, sliced
2 spinach herb wrap, 12-inch
- Cook chicken breasts and place in the fridge to cool. Dice into ¼ chunks.
- Slice the flesh of the apple off of the core. Cut the apple slices into ¼ inch sticks and the into ¼ inch chunks.
- Place all of the ingredients together in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Slice the tomato into ¼ inch slices.
- To make the wrap cut the wrap in half. Lay down some mixed greens followed by the tomato.
- Place the chicken salad on top and roll the wrap over to form a cone.