The success of the quilt show & auction depends on the quilt donations we receive. Please consider donating a quilt for the upcoming auction, either as an individual or as a group.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...
- Fabric should be woven using natural fibers: cotton, wool or silk.
- Fabrics MUST be pre-washed. We have problems every year with quilts bleeding.
- Piecework may be done by machine or by hand.
- Appliqué should be done by hand or invisible machine appliqué method.
- Border should complement and enhance the overall pattern.
- Backing should be the same quality of fabric as the top.
- Pieced back is acceptable.
- High quality batts should be used to allow fine hand quilting.
- Polyester, cotton/poly and 100% cotton are acceptable.
- High loft batts should be avoided.
- All quilting MUST be done by hand. No machine quilting accepted.
- Marking should be unobtrusive and knots should be hidden.
- No tied quilts.
- Binding should be securely stitched and hand finished.
- Binding should be appropriate for the design of the quilt.
- If choosing a pattern from a book or a published pattern that indicates the designs are copyrighted, please contact the publisher of the book or the designer of the pattern.
- Ask permission to make the quilt, explaining the purpose of the quilt.
- The source of the quilt should be noted on your History Form and on the quilt label. Sleeve
- A permanent 4” sleeve is required for all wall hanging quilts.
- Note: It would be greatly appreciated if a temporary 4” sleeve could be attached to all other quilts that could be easily removed after the quilt is sold.
- Wall Hanging
- Sofa or Throw
- Baby Quilt Sizes
- King 108” x 108”
- Queen 92” x 108”
- Double 86” x 101”
- Twin 71” x 101”
Note: Design your large quilts to fit a bed!
NOTICE: The Holiday Quilt Show & Auction Executive Board reserves the right to determine the suitability and acceptance of the donated quilts for the Show & Auction. If you are considering a quilt of unusual origin, fabric design or construction, please contact a member of the Executive Board.