Giving birth is one of the most special experiences of your life, and our goal is to make your delivery a joyous and memorable experience. Our expert staff is dedicated to giving you the attention, time, and compassionate care you deserve. We promise to listen to you.
Our Labor & Delivery suites are beautiful, spacious, and serene. They are also equipped with everything needed for the safety and comfort of mother and newborn. We have also recently added two jetted tubs which moms can labor in if they choose.
Watch this video for a virtual tour of our facility.
We support patients in their desire for an individualized experience and do everything possible to accommodate their needs and wishes, including coaching in hypnobirthing.
Services for patients include:
- Complete labor and delivery services
- Plush robes you can take home
- We also offer a gourmet dinner to mom and dad (or another loved one) before leaving the hospital.
We deliver pregnant patients from 34 weeks gestation and up. However, at Intermountain Healthcare we've found that babies induced at 38 weeks are twice as likely to end up in the NICU and five times as likely when induced at 37 weeks. That is why at Alta View, labor will not be induced prior to 39 weeks gestation unless medically necessary. It's part of our commitment to provide safe and efficient care for both mother and baby. Please read our elective induction fact sheet for more information.
Coming to the Hospital
What you should bring to the hospital:
- Nightgown (front-opening styles are easier for breast-feeding)
- Bras (nursing style if you plan to breast-feed your baby)
- Cosmetics and toiletries
- Birth announcements, writing paper, and pen
- Camera, film or memory card, and extra batteries
- Clothes for you and your baby to wear home. For your baby, we suggest you bring a shirt, gown, receiving blanket, and a heavier blanket (depending on the weather.) For you, clothes that fit in mid-pregnancy are usually best.
What you shouldn't bring:
- Any personal valuables, such as, jewelry, credit cards, or cash