Construction of the 84,000-square-foot expansion of our emergency and surgical services is complete and open for patient care.
North Utah County has seen tremendous growth in the past several years that we anticipate will continue. The expansion of American Fork Hospital will help us continue to provide essential services to the growing number of north Utah County residents in the most convenient and effective way.
Features of the Expansion
8 New Operating Rooms
- New OR rooms feature at least 550 square feet, compared to the current OR rooms with 200-400 square feet, and come equipped with cutting-edge technology including integrated video monitoring and mobile imaging.
- Two fully equipped orthopedic suites and one urology suite.
21 Emergency Rooms
- The new emergency room was designed for patient safety and comfort and features single, private rooms and lots of natural light.
- The design of the rooms allow for better physician and patient interaction, with the computer, monitors and supplies on the left side of the bed for ease of access by the healthcare provider. To the right of the bed is an area to accommodate family members who may be with the patient.
- Seven specialized rooms, including two trauma bays, two OB/GYN rooms, a decontamination room, a negative pressure room, and a psychiatric room.
View the Timelapse of the Construction