Welcome to American Fork Hospital Volunteer Services. The latest information about the activities of American Fork volunteers can be found here, including how to volunteer and how to search for available positions.
Intermountain volunteers are dedicated to helping people in our communities live the healthiest lives possible through service and compassion.
We support Intermountain values to deliver "extraordinary care and superior service" with our vision, which is to:
- Enhance the patient and guest experience as we partner in providing healthcare services
- Provide the highest quality service and support
- Respect the dignity, individuality and cultural diversity of our patients, volunteers and communities
Why people volunteer at American Fork Hospital
The need for volunteers at American Fork Hospital is great and the rewards are even greater. Volunteering will give you an opportunity to serve, grow, make new friends, exchange ideas and contribute to our community.
Who can be a hospital volunteer?
We welcome everybody! You can be a volunteer at American Fork Hospital if you are over 18, male or female, physically capable or challenged, have computer skills, phone skills or just enjoy people.
It is essential for volunteers to be friendly, outgoing and willing to work with all types of people. Please join us and be prepared to have a life-changing experience. Interested individuals must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Be 14-17 years old for a Junior Volunteer position
- Be willing to serve one three to four hour shift per week for a minimum of six months
Applicants need to complete an online application for a volunteer
position. As positions are available, we post them on the first Monday of the month. Placement will be made according to skill, availability of
positions, availability of applicant and reference check.
How to Apply
To complete an
online application follow the steps below:
- Complete the Volunteer Online Application
- Under the "Facility" pull-down menu, choose "American Fork Hospital" and click the "Search" button.
- Available volunteer opportunities will be shown.
- Click the link for the position that you are interested in. After you have read the requirements click the "Apply Online" button.
- Login or create a new user profile.
- Be sure you fill out the entire application! At the end of the completed the application, the last page will say, "Thank you for applying".
- If you meet the minimum requirements, you will be contacted within 2-3 weeks for an interview.
As a new volunteer, you will be required to complete the following prior to beginning work:
- Have two rounds of TB tests.
- Pay $18 for your volunteer jacket.
- Have your picture taken for your volunteer badge.
- Complete the new volunteer orientation.
Failure to complete these tasks will terminate the process and you will need to contact the Volunteer Office to be reconsidered.