Patients being treated for cancer at the American Fork Cancer Center may have the opportunity
to participate in a clinical trial, which helps physicians better understand how to treat patients with similar cancers and conditions.
Cancer Trial Considerations
- Commitment: Commitment to participate through the entire trial period is an important consideration.
- Length: A clinical trial may cover many weeks. Check your schedule to see if this fits in with your plans.
- Guidelines: Carefully read and follow all guidelines.
- Insurance and Costs: Learn, before participating, what your insurance may cover.
- Pros and Cons: Weigh the pros and cons to see if you should participate in a trial.
If you are selected to participate in a clinical trial, there is a possibility you may be part of the
control, or placebo group, a necessary component of a well-prepared clinical trial.
For more information about current clinical trials, please visit Intermountain Research Management or call the American Fork Cancer Center at (801) 855-4100.