Our eight-bed Adult Intensive Care Unit (ICU) provides specialized medical care to patients who may be in a potentially life-threatening condition. Acutely ill medical/surgical and coronary care patients receive high-quality, compassionate care from a team of specially-trained care providers. Each room is equipped with state-of-the-art technology and the nurses’ station is placed so patients in every room can be viewed easily, helping caregivers respond quickly to their needs.
Phone calls concerning a patient's condition will be directed to the patient's family members or to a spokesperson designated by the family at the time the patient is admitted. A large family waiting room is available in the hall located near the ICU. Family members can comfortably wait there between visits.
Families play a vital role in a patient’s recovery. Respecting this role and our commitment to provide the highest quality care, we have established the following guidelines:
- For the well-being of your loved one, visits should be kept short and only two visitors at a time will be allowed in a patient room.
- Prior to entering the ICU, please call the nursing station at extension 3325 from the telephone located just outside the ICU doors. Or call (801) 855-3325 from outside the hospital.
- Visitors should be limited to immediate family members so the patient is not overwhelmed.
- Only children over the age of 12 are allowed in the ICU.
- To minimize health concerns, fresh cut flowers and live plants are not recommended as gifts for ICU patients.