Hearing loss affects a person in a dramatic way, changing how you function and interact with others around you. Fortunately, many types of hearing loss can be treated.
Our audiologists are experienced in evaluating and treating hearing loss and hearing difficulties of people of all ages. Treatment may include hearing tests, hearing aid
fittings and other assistive listening devices.
Patients of all ages – newborn through adult – are given comprehensive hearing evaluations, which may feature:
- Pure tone and speech audiometry, which determines speech understanding and hearing levels.
- Child-friendly play audiometry, an accurate and thorough way of testing children for hearing difficulties.
- Impedance audiometry evaluates the acoustic reflect, eardrum, middle ear function and Eustachian tube.
- Auditory brainstem response (ABR) tests are performed on infants and patients who are not able to handle a traditional hearing test. This test can also be used to identify nerve abnormalities.
- Industrial hearing tests are available to those who work in high-noise environments.
We provide free hearing screenings to the public. An appointment is necessary. Schedule a hearing screening by calling (801) 855-3372
What to Expect