Respiratory Care offers the following outpatient services (each requiring a physician's order):
- PFT: Pulmonary Function Test, a test designed to measure how well the lungs are working. Pulmonary function tests (PFT's) gauge how the lungs are carrying out their tasks of expanding and contracting (when a person inhales and exhales) and of exchanging oxygen and carbon dioxide efficiently between the air (or other gases) within the lungs and the blood. Testing times available by appointment.
- Overnight Oximetry: A test that monitors the oxygen saturation of the blood through the use of a pulse oximeter over the course of the night. The data is downloaded by a respiratory therapist and interpreted by a physician. This is a very strong clinical indicator of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). Testing times available by appointment.
Respiratory Outpatient Clinic
- ROC Samples: Respiratory Syncytial Virus, or RSV, is caused by a virus. It blocks the flow of air through the lungs and makes it hard for your baby to breathe. After a physicians order is obtained, a sample is taken and sent to the on campus lab for culturing.
- Bronchiolitis Scoring: Wheezing, retraction and respiratory rate will be evaluated.
- Suctioning: Air ways will be cleared of secretions, if any are indicated.
- Bronchodilators: Medications are given to help the patient breath easier. The use of Bronchodilators may decrease the wheezing of patients.
Cassia Regional Medical Center
1501 Hiland Ave. Suite E
Burley, ID 83318
Phone: (208) 677-6535