Good nutrition is key to a healthy lifestyle, and a nutrition education session can help accomplish that goal. Our registered dietitian is here to help you make healthy choices when it comes to nutrition and exercise.
Some of the things you’ll learn in our nutrition education sessions:
- Customized nutrition plan to help you reach your optimal health and fitness level
- How to plan healthy menus
- How to shop with nutrition in mind
How it works
Our individual nutrition education sessions with a registered dietitian include a complete assessment of your overall nutritional status, medical history, and dietary habits. After determining your nutritional status, the dietitian will work with you to develop a personalized plan to achieve your nutritional goals and a healthy lifestyle. Nutritional guidance is offered for people with a wide variety of medical problems, as well as for anyone interesting in improving their health and athletic performance.
Arrangements can also be made for on-site counseling with youth groups, athletic teams, etc. All information is evidence based and personalized based on your individual needs and goals.
Nutrition education sessions do not require a referral from a physician and can be arranged directly by contacting the LiVe Well Center. Some of our services are covered by insurance, and other services are available at reasonable rates.
We are located on the lower level of the Dixie Regional Health & Performance Center at 652 S. Medical Center Drive in St. George, Utah. Call (435) 251-3793 to make an appointment or for more information.
Learn more about Nutrition Services at Dixie Regional and Intermountain Healthcare:
Community Nutrition Services are also available and include:
- Menu approval for public facilities such as care centers, health agencies and schools
- Grocery store tours to give hands on experience at finding healthy foods in the grocery aisles
- Presentations for small groups on topics such as women’s health, shopping for health, etc.