Training sessions with the Nike Vapor Strobe eyewear are now available. Nike Strobe eyewear trains the brain and the systems of the body that tell the athlete when, where and how to react. By taking away varying amounts of visual information, it forces the athlete to become more efficient with the information they are given.
Nike and Athletic Republic have developed Strobe training drills that are designed to improve the following skills:
- Focus/Attention: Forces athletes to keep eyes “on the ball” throughout completion of the athletic task
- Anticipation Timing: Accurate, precise timing of a specific response
- Imagery/Visualization: Accurate tracking of an object in the mind’s eye
- Reaction Time: Improved ability to execute a task more quickly
- Balance/Stability: Quicker responses to external stimuli
- Peripheral Vision: Enhanced awareness and responsiveness to the athlete’s surroundings
We are also the only facility in the area to have the Nike Strobe glasses available for sale. Stop by our facility to purchase your pair.
Trevor Smith, one of our exercise physiologists, recently completed an extensive study on how the Nike Strobe can help athletes improve their timing and performance. His article, titled "Stroboscopic Training Enhances Anticipatory Timing," was recently published in the International Journal of Exercise Science.
For more information about sensory training with the Nike Strobe, call (435) 251-2256.