A wide range of diagnostic services are located in the Outpatient Center which makes patient care better, safer, and faster.
Imaging services located in the center include:
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Computerized axial tomography
- Computerized tomography
- Positron emission tomography
- Radioactive isotopes
The range of services is complemented by the experience of Intermountain Medical Center's imaging staff which is enhanced by high volumes of procedures.
Every day the staff does an estimated:
- 200 X-rays
- 75 ultrasounds
- 115 CAT scans
- 45 MRIs
- 20 nuclear medicine treatments
- 20 fluoroscopies
- 8 PET scans
Some other factors that increase the quality of imaging services at Intermountain Medical Center:
- Imaging services are arranged in pods, which are staffed by teams who work closely with the other members of the care team. They're also close to patients, which increases efficiency and patient satisfaction.
- All images are digital, which means they're acquired, distributed, stored and shared electronically. This enhances the accuracy of the images and the speed of care.
First-time Intermountain Healthcare patients can share their health histories electronically or on paper. The histories can then be added to Intermountain Healthcare's renowned medical computing system, which is used to enhance patient quality and increase efficiency.