Everyone responds differently to cancer treatment and survivorship. In the Moving Forward Clinic, we can help with unforeseen challenges that may arise after treatment. The clinic is staffed with a nurse practitioner and a social worker who can assist you in wrapping up any loose ends for your cancer treatment. During your visit, we will cover the following:
- Treatment Summary: Complete summary of all treatment received, including surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation for your records.
- Side Effect Management: Provide education and self-management techniques for lingering side effects.
- Late Effects: Some effects from treatment don’t appear until months or years down the road. We can provide education and self-management techniques for those effects.
- Surveillance Plan: The recommended timing for follow up tests based on your cancer type.
- Monitoring for second cancers
- Contraindications: If, based on your treatment, there are any medications or treatments you shouldn’t have, we’ll let you know.
- Distress Measurement: We will guide you through a self assessment tool to determine your distress level and help you find help as needed.
- Education: We will continue to help you understand and learn about your cancer.
- Community Referral: We can help locate community resources to meet your needs.
- Emotional Challenges: Completing cancer treatment can be a difficult transition. We can assist you with any challenges you may experience.
The Moving Forward Clinic is located in the Jon and Karen Huntsman Cancer Center at Intermountain Medical Center.