In the Genitourinary Clinic, we provide treatment planning for prostate, bladder, kidney and testicular cancers. You can be confident that each specialist in the clinic is in communication with each other. Integrated care is high quality care and we pride ourselves on our unique multidisciplinary approach. During your clinic visit, you will have access to each of the following specialties. They will assist you in planning your treatment and answer any questions you have.
- Urologist – Urology is a medical and surgical specialty that focuses on the urinary tracts of men and women and the reproductive system in men. They coordinate care from diagnosis through treatment and beyond. The organs they specialize in include: kidneys, adrenal glands, ureters, urethra, testes, prostate and penis.
- Medical Oncologist – (Hematology/Oncology) Medical Oncologists are internists with training and experience in the treatment of cancer. They coordinate patient care from diagnosis through the course of the disease, assisting with pain and symptom management. When needed, they prescribe chemotherapy and other anti-cancer drugs.
- Radiation Oncologist – Radiation Oncologists provide radiation therapy treatment such as brachytherapy and image guided radiation therapy. They develop and prescribe cancer treatment plans and monitor patient progress.
- Social Worker – Our social worker will assist with support and counseling, financial concerns, and help you gain access to community resources.
- Dietitian – Our certified dietitians provide education about nutrition during cancer treatment.
- Registered Nurse – The nurse will coordinate your care by helping make appointments, providing education and answering questions.
- Erectile Dysfunction Specialist – Our ED Specialist will provide education and answer questions about erectile dysfunction.
- American Cancer Society Patient Navigator – Our American Cancer Society patient navigator connects patients with information, resources, services, and support during the cancer journey.
A physician referral is not necessary to attend the genitourinary clinic. If you would like to attend for primary treatment planning or a second opinion, please call 801-507-3900.