In the Neuro-Oncology Program, we treat new and recurrent brain tumors. You can be confident that each specialist is in communication with each other. Integrated care is high quality care and we pride ourselves on our unique multidisciplinary approach. During your visits, you will have access to each of the following specialties. They will assist you in planning your treatment and answer any questions you have.
- Surgeons – Surgeons remove cancer through surgical intervention. The surgeons in the clinic are neuro-surgeons. Many patients will see a surgeon as the first specialist following a cancer diagnosis.
- Neuro Oncologist – A Neuro Oncologist is a Neurologist with specialty training in the treatment of brain tumors. They coordinate patient care from diagnosis through the course of the disease, assisting with pain and symptom management. When needed, they prescribe chemotherapy and other anti-cancer drugs.
- Radiation Oncologist – Radiation Oncologists provide radiation therapy treatment such as Gamma Knife and image guided radiation therapy. They develop and prescribe cancer treatment plans and monitor patient progress.
- Nurse Practitioner – The nurse will coordinate your care by helping make appointments, providing education and answering questions.
- Social Worker – Our social worker will assist with support and counseling, financial concerns, and help you gain access to community resources.
- Speech/Language Pathologist – Our therapists help patients with difficulties associated with speech, swallowing and cognition.
- Physical Therapist – Our therapists help patients maintain and restore maximum movement and functional ability.
A physician referral is not necessary for the neuro-oncology program. If you would like to attend for primary treatment planning or a second opinion, please call 801-507-9800.