At Intermountain Heart Institute we provide advanced, responsive care to each unique patient, helping him or her get back to what's really important. We are recognized as one of the nation's top heart care hospitals with highly-specialized experts in all areas of heart care.
For decades, heart care specialists (or cardiologists and heart surgeons) at Intermountain Healthcare have received national accolades for their skilled abilities to diagnose unique heart problems and provide healing through high-tech surgeries and customized care. Intermountain' s cardiac clinics and hospital programs at Intermountain Medical Center have united under one name, the Intermountain Heart Institute. By doing this, we've renewed our commitment to closely coordinate the care we provide to our patients.
While technology and expertise are important, it's more important that you feel cared for, that your questions are answered, your concerns met, and that we are available whenever you need us. By uniting as the Intermountain Heart Institute, we now work even closer as a team, customizing care for each individual patient. Here are some of the benefits we hope you'll experience:
- One of our primary goals is to coordinate clinic visits and diagnostic testing, so our patients can make fewer trips and have less wait times. We also look for opportunities for our patients to see multiple specialists during one appointment. This also allows them more time with our physicians to better understand their condition and ask any questions they may have.
- We've set higher standards for communicating with Primary Care Providers through email, phone conferences, and our internal medical records program. This provides them current information about your condition so they can care for your overall health.
- We will continue our commitment to research and teaching. Our clinical research trials create new and better healing opportunities for patients and contribute to the ultimate prevention of heart disease.
- We have committed to providing rapid access to cardiac consultations and diagnostic services for high-risk patients or patients who have recently had heart concerns.
- Each individual telephone numbers will remain in use, however, we've also established a single Intermountain Heart Institute number for your convenience in scheduling appointments or receiving answers to your questions, (801) 507-4701.
By working even closer as a team, our expertise for even the most complex heart problems continues to lead national standards. Our central team at Intermountain Medical Center consists of 35 board-certified cardiologists, electrophysiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and heart failure specialists who provide comprehensive treatments. Intermountain Heart Institute also offers cardiology consultations and diagnostic services at our sister hospitals, LDS Hospital, Alta View Hospital, and Riverton Hospital so you can receive care even closer to home.