Intermountain Heart Institute provides educational classes and support groups for patients and family members, in addition to wellness events for the community.
Community Healthy Heart Fair
You are invited to get heart healthy at the state’s largest community
healthy heart fair on Saturday, February 8 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Seminars and cooking demonstrations include:
- 9:15 am: “Live Well and Live Longer” – John Day, MD, cardiologist
- 10:30 am: “What is the New Smoking: Sitting or Sugar? The New Debate” – Liz Joy, MD, and Tamara Sheffield, MD
Noon: “Heart-Healthy Recipes to Lighten Up Breakfast, Lunch &
Dinner” – Chef Jennifer Burns and dietitian Amana Hindoian, RD, CD
- Talk to the region’s leading heart specialists about their heart health.
- Learn about a heart healthy diet. What should you put on your plate and what should you avoid?
- Visit with emergency response teams, including Murray Fire and Life Flight.
- Tour an ambulance, a fire truck and a helicopter (weather permitting).
There will also be interactive learning stations on nutrition and heart
disease, an area focusing on women and heart disease and the Go Red for
Women campaign, exercise demonstrations, healthy snacks and CPR
Free Heart Failure Support Group
Have you or someone you love experienced heart disease or heart failure? Consider joining our support group and meet people who have had similar experiences. Learn more by clicking on our support group in the list below.