Epilepsy is a brain disorder that can limit you or your loved one’s ability to enjoy life. While epilepsy can’t be cured, there are treatments to help control the seizures. When you choose Intermountain Medical Center’s Epilepsy Program for your care, our experts will help treat your seizures, so you can improve your quality of life.
There are many different types of seizures. Finding the correct cause will help us know how to treat you. As one of the leading adult epilepsy programs in the Intermountain West, we treat patients who are 12 years of age and older.
What to Expect
Our experts will meet with you to learn about your health history, ask you questions, and answer your questions. We will run tests to identify the area of your brain causing the sudden surge of electrical activity.
Your care with us will be personalized to your needs, from the evaluation of your seizures/spells to the treatment options to manage them.
Conditions We Treat
- Seizures and seizure disorders
- Spells (staring or shaking spells; unexplained episodes of loss of consciousness)
- Psychogenic non-epileptic attacks (pseudoseizures)
Tests We Perform
- Blood tests
- Routine and sleep-deprived electroencephalogram (EEG)
- At home EEG (ambulatory EEG)
- In hospital video-EEG monitoring
- 3-Tesla high resolution magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Positron emission tomography (PET) scan
- Wada test (cerebral angiogram with sodium amytal injection)
- Neuropsychological evaluation
- Intracranial EEG monitoring
Treatments We Offer