Each of our patients works with a team of specialists
to provide therapy, nursing, medical treatment and education. The team will work with you and your family to develop an individualized treatment plan that is based on your unique needs and goals. The ultimate goal is prepare you to return home with the skills you need to perform all the activities of daily living.
The Neuro Rehab Center has full access to the comprehensive range of medical services and programs available at Intermountain Medical Center
, including specialized physicians who are available for consultation 24 hours per day.
Some of the common conditions we treat include:
- Brain injuries (traumatic and non-traumatic)
- Spinal cord injuries (cervical, thoracic and lumbosacral levels of the spine — complete and incomplete)
- Neurological impairments
- Multiple fractures
We are also able to offer specialized care for patients who need dialysis, radiation, chemotherapy
, ventilators, wound care and hyperbaric treatment
To be eligible for admission to the Neuro Rehab Center, you or your loved one must meet the following criteria:
- Be medically stable
- Require close medical management and integrated rehabilitation team based care
- Be able to actively participate in an intensive rehabilitation program with three hours of therapy each day
- Be able to reach the rehabilitation goals in a reasonable period of time
- Have rehabilitation needs that are related to self-care, mobility, cognition, communication, and/or swallowing
- There must also be an anticipated discharge to home following completion of our inpatient rehabilitation program.
We utilize some of the most advance therapy equipment available to help assist in your rehabilitation needs.
Each patient room is equipped with an individual overhead lift system. Therapy equipment includes an overhead assisted gait system, body weight supported treadmill, an overhead lift system that spans the entire gym, bioness electrical stimulation system, wheelchair accessible simulated kitchen, and even a simulated home bathroom for training. And of course we have the traditional walkers, canes and wheelchairs, etc — but our goal is to teach you how to function without those devices.