If you’re suffering from chronic pain, the physical therapists at Intermountain Medical Center Physical Therapy can help you. We offer personalized therapy that attempts to address the source of your pain – not just the symptoms.
Whether your pain is mild or severe enough to get in the way of your daily activities, it’s your body’s way of saying: Something’s wrong. When chronic pain is caused by your skeletal or muscular system, our treatments can help to decrease your pain through a variety of gentle and pain-free methods, such as:
- Hands-on movement of the joints
- Heat/ice compresses
We’ll also provide you with exercises to help strengthen your muscles, give you more flexibility and range of motion, and reduce your pain.
Types of pain we treat
We treat a variety of conditions that can cause chronic pain, including:
- Chronic fatigue
- Chronic low back pain
- Chronic neck pain
- Chronic headaches
What to expect when you come in
- First: We begin with a detailed exam to identify how you’ll benefit from therapy.
- Second: We’ll create personalized therapy sessions for you, along with home exercise programs you can use at home.
How you’ll benefit
The benefits of movement have been scientifically proven to benefit you in several ways. Effective physical therapy will help you:
- Improve your mood by releasing chemicals in your brain
- Improve your strength and flexibility
- Maintain your ideal body weight
- Improve the flow of blood, electricity, and fluids in the body
- Remove waste products and toxins
- Improve breathing