If you suffer from low back pain, the physical therapists at Intermountain Medical Center Physical Therapy can help. We offer personalized therapy that aims to provide back pain relief — regardless of the cause.
Lower back pain is common — and despite its many causes, it can be treated through exercises and gentle, pain-free therapy, such as:
- Electric stimulation
- Ice or heat compresses
- Massage Pressure applied to the joints
- Traction for the spine
Treatments at Intermountain Medical Center Physical Therapy are followed by flexibility, movement, and back exercises, which strengthen and stabilize your core to help get you back to your daily activities.
Types of low back pain we treat
We treat many types of lower back pain, including:
- Acute low back pain
- Chronic low back pain
- Spinal stenosis, arthritis, and degenerative disc disease
- Herniated discs — bulging discs or slipped discs
- Pinched nerves, which can cause sciatica, muscle weakness, numbness, and tingling
What to expect when you come to physical therapy
- First: We’ll give you a thorough exam to determine the most effective therapies for your condition.
- Second: With your help, we’ll put together a personalized treatment plan for you that will probably include visits to our clinic as well as a home exercise program.
How you’ll benefit
Physical therapy — when used correctly — is a scientifically proven treatment for low back pain. Physical therapy at will also help you:
- Improve your strength, core stability, and flexibility
- Release “good” chemicals in the brain, which improve your mood
- Lose weight — and keep your ideal body weight
- Improve blood flow
- Remove waste from your body
- Improve your ability to breathe and relax