If you suffer from a muscle, joint, or ligament injury, the physical therapists from Intermountain Medical Center Physical Therapy can help speed your recovery. You’ll receive hands-on, personalized care that’s designed to reduce your pain and inflammation and help improve your strength and flexibility.
Your treatments might include
- Hands-on massage
- Joint range of motion and mobilizations
- Exercises to increase your strength and balance
- Stabilization and stretching exercises
We’ll also teach you about stretches and strengthening exercises to do at home.
Types of injuries we treat
Orthopedic injuries can affect many parts of your body, such as your ankle, knee, shoulder, wrist, hip, or back. These injuries often occur suddenly and can be successfully treated with physical therapy. Some of the injuries and conditions we treat:
- Acute and chronic joint and muscle pain
- Ligament and tendon injuries
- Work-related injuries
- Sport/athletic injuries
- Overuse injuries
What to expect at physical therapy
- First: We’ll perform a detailed examination and evaluation to determine which treatments will benefit you.
- Second: We’ll work with you to create an individualized treatment plan – along with a home exercise program for you to do on the days you don’t attend therapy.
How you’ll benefit
Physical therapy will also help you:
- Improve your strength, core stability, and flexibility
- Release “good” chemicals in the brain, which will improve your mood
- Lose weight — and keep your ideal body weight
- Improve blood flow
- Remove waste from your body
- Improve your ability to breathe and relax