When you have a baby at Intermountain Medical Center you'll get:
The back-up of one of America's most advanced hospitals
A high-level newborn intensive care unit is a door away. Specialists in advanced mother-baby medicine are on staff. Genetic counseling is available if it's needed. The hospital also offers the highest level of trauma services.
Experienced, compassionate doctors and nurses
We know what to anticipate and what to do to get the best possible outcome. Our physicians, midwives, nurses, and all of our team know how to take care of new moms and their babies. We listen to you and that's a big part of what we do. We know that each mom and baby is unique and we pay attention to what you are going through.
You have choices
Labor & Delivery at Intermountain Medical Center can facilitate a full range of delivery options, from low-risk natural to the highest risk. Everything is built on the idea of letting you choose the kind of delivery you want. Whether it's laboring in the tub, walking, or anything else, we try to follow your wishes as much as possible.
You and your family will have a spacious, homey, private environment
- The hospital's 18 delivery rooms are divided into three units of six rooms each. Each unit has its own comfortable family waiting area with full-length windows and spectacular views.
- There are three triage rooms large enough for quick deliveries and four operating rooms with pass-through windows into the newborn ICU.
- The delivery rooms are furnished in rich natural maple and have a warm, homey feeling. Each room has everything you and your new baby will need, plus a fold-out sofa for another family member.
- Your delivery room has a unique new design. One side of your bed is arranged for family members who are present for the new arrival. The other side of the bed is set up for doctors, nurses, and their equipment.
- Each room is equipped with a warmer and bassinet for your baby. A wall unit of equipment is out of the way when it's not needed, but it's there if a baby needs monitoring or other care. The rooms also have special lighting that can be brightened to a focused surgical light or dimmed, depending on your needs.
Having a baby is a joyful and exciting time!
We offer a variety of classes to help you enjoy a healthy pregnancy and to help prepare you for the birth of your baby. Core classes are offered at each campus, while specialty programs may be taught at one hospital location. Payment is due at time of registration to reserve your place in our classes. A variety of payment options are available, including: credit cards, personal checks, cash, and money orders.
With classes filling quickly, we recommend that you register at the beginning of the second trimester of your pregnancy. For more information on our programs, or to register by phone, please call (801) 507-7731.
Fees are subject to change and are non-refundable unless an emergency arises and we are contacted prior to the class.
Classes and available support include: