Our Endocrinology division diagnoses and treats patients who have endocrine system disorders and diseases. The endocrine system covers the glands which produce hormones in the human body. These glands include the pancreas, thyroid, parathyroid, ovaries, testes, adrenal, hypothalamus, and pituitary. Our doctors are trained to identify problems that may occur in these glands. We specialize in treating patients with diabetes, gland problems, and metabolic disorders, such as osteoporosis.
The Endocrinology Division offers comprehensive services in the fields of endocrinology and metabolism including:
- The evaluation and treatment of diabetes, including insulin pumps
- Assessment of difficult cases of hyperlipoproteinemia and hypertension
- Evaluation and care of diseases of the pituitary, ovaries, testes, adrenals and parathyroid glands
- Treatment of thyroid disorders, including thyroid biopsy
- Problems of reproductive endocrinology and infertility
- Evaluation and treatment of osteoporosis, including DEXA scanning
- Obesity treatment and management
To see one of our endocrinologists, you must first have a referral from your primary care physician. Once a referral is received, an appointment will be made with one of our experienced physicians.