Dayspring provides inpatient and outpatient medical detoxification. Inpatient care at LDS Hospital offers short-term treatment to stabilize behavior and control crisis situations. The hospital’s secure environment and supportive staff are ideal for patients who require 24-hour intensive treatment and monitoring. Clients who meet criteria for outpatient detoxification are seen by appointment at Union Park.
Patient care in both settings is overseen by a board certified psychiatrist. Each patient receives a comprehensive assessment and evaluation to ensure a thorough understanding of potential problems or strengths. All aspects of a patient’s needs are integrated into an individualized treatment plan.
Once a client is stable, he/she is encouraged to transition to the next level of treatment and continue their recovery in our Day Treatment Program or Evening Intensive Outpatient Program.
Our Day Treatment Program provides each individual with supervision and structure to help them continue practicing the skills and tools they need to continue their recovery. Clients are involved in a full schedule of events, five days a week. Family members are involved in support groups on Monday and Thursday evenings. Depending on the patient’s needs and completion of the treatment plan, the average length of stay is four weeks.
Day Treatment Schedule:
- Monday & Thursday: 12-8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday & Wednesday: 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: 12-Step Recovery Meeting
- Family Sessions: Mon. & Thur. 5:30-9:30 p.m.
Dayspring provides an evening substance abuse program that allows individuals to maintain their family and work responsibilities during the day and weekends but also participate in treatment. The program is a cost-effective means of treatment and is located at Union Park. Depending on patient motivation and completion of their treatment plan, the average length of treatment is six weeks.
Evening Outpatient Schedule:
- Monday-Thursday: 5:30-9:30 p.m.
- Friday-Sunday: 12-Step Recovery Meeting
- Family Sessions: Tues. & Wed. from 5:30-9:30 p.m.
Aftercare is a very important part of the Dayspring program and is provided at no charge. It takes longer than four or six weeks for a person to make lasting changes in their life, so attendance at Aftercare and 12 Step meetings is essential to long-term recovery success. Clients return once a week for up to two years to attend an Aftercare group where they review the skills and tools of recovery that they learned in the Dayspring programs.
One-hour Aftercare groups are held each Tuesday and Wednesday evening at 6 and 7:30. Each patient is assigned one group. The groups are also open to individuals who feel the need for more structure and information in utilizing recovery skills. Each group has a mix of new patients right out of treatment as well as others who have had a history of attending Aftercare.
- Medications: Relapse prevention medications such as Suboxone, Vivitrol, Campral, Antabuse, and naltrexone can be prescribed by Dayspring staff.
- Employer Benefits: Dayspring provides assessment/evaluation of employees, fitness-for-duty evaluation, reports to managers regarding employee progress, back-to-work conferences, aftercare reporting, and consultation/education.