When you have a baby at LDS Hospital, you’ll go to a private room in the maternity unit where we'll help both mom and baby prepare for the transition home.
We have 33 newly remodeled maternity rooms and one centralized and newly remodeled well-baby nursery.
What you’ll find in your room
- Each room is furnished in rich wood with soft lighting.
- You’ll find a private bath, equipment in each room so the baby’s physician can examine the baby in your room.
- You’ll find hair dryers for your convenience and a soft sofa, which can make into a bed for dad to sleep over.
- There is also a waiting alcove for family and friends.
- We provide a menu and room service meal delivery for your enjoyment.
We’ll take care of you
After delivery, new moms can rest and recover while receiving all the necessary information and education on the care needed for mom and baby. Your nurse will be available when you need her to answer any questions or concerns you might have.
We also offer a complimentary meal from our room service menu for mom and dad to share, and a complimentary plush robe for mom to keep.
Please don't visit the hospital if you're sick!
- The mother's spouse or significant other is welcome to visit the unit at any time.
- General visiting hours are between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. daily. Due to fire codes and emergency safety, visiting must be done at the bedside or in family waiting areas only. Please contact the unit's shift coordinator for special arrangements if desired.
- All visitors must wash their hands before and after touching or holding a newborn.
- For safety reasons, visitors must be seated when holding a newborn.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and stay at the bedside at all times when visiting.
Watch this video for a virtual tour of our maternity services.