Salt Lake City — Questar executive Shahab Saeed has recently been named to serve on the Intermountain Healthcare Board of Trustees. Saeed is Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Questar Energy Services and Questar InfoComm.
Intermountain's Board of Trustees is comprised of 19 individuals who volunteer their time without pay to direct the nonprofit organization. Board members set policy, create goals, evaluate management's performance, and ensure Intermountain operates in the best interest of the community. In addition to the trustees who serve on Intermountain's central Board, trustees also serve on governing boards for hospitals and other care services, as well as charitable foundation boards.
Shahab Saeed is currently the chair of Intermountain's Urban Central Region, which includes Intermountain services in the Salt Lake area. He is Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Questar Energy Services and Questar InfoComm. Saeed is a faculty member at the Gore School of Business at Westminster College in Salt Lake City, teaching courses in Leadership and Executive Development in the MBA program. He is also a member of the Board of Trustees of Ballet West and has served as a director for the Department of Homeland Security's Energy Information Sharing and Analysis Center; The National Conference for Community and Justice; and The Utah Safety Council. He received a bachelor's degree in industrial engineering and his MBA degree from the University of Utah.
The following Intermountain Board members have retired from the Board this year:
- Merrill Gappmayer joined the Board in 1989. He is CEO, president, and owner of M.G. Development. Gappmayer served as chairman of Intermountain's Board from 2002 to 2007.
- Teresa Beck joined the Board in 1999. She is the former president and chief financial officer of American Stores Company.
- Tom Morgan joined the Board in 2009. He is the region president for the Central Utah Region of Zions Bank. He also has served as the chairman of SelectHealth.
- Elizabeth Hammond, MD, joined the Board in 2005. She is professor of pathology and adjunct professor of internal medicine at the University of Utah School of Medicine.
- Beth V. Cole, APRN, PhD, joined the Board in 2009. She is Dean of the College of Nursing at Brigham Young University.