At Logan Regional Hospital's Women's Mammography and Imaging Center, we are dedicated to the wellness and health concerns of women in our community. We are committed to provide the same compassionate, high-quality care we would expect for ourselves and our own families. Women who come to the center will benefit from the most advanced technology available in breast care, delivered in a comfortable and private setting.
Breast cancer will affect an average of one in eight women sometime in their lifetime. The key role of Mammography is to identify breast cancer in its earliest stages. It is the second most common cause of cancer-related deaths in women. Studies show mammograms are still the most effective way of detecting — and therefore treating and beating — breast cancer. The American Cancer Society recommends that all women age 40 and older should have a screening mammogram every year and should continue to do so for as long as they are in good health. In addition, women with certain risk factors should discuss an appropriate screening program with their physician. The key to mammography screening is that it be done routinely — once is not enough.
What is digital mammography?
Digital mammography is the newest and most technologically advanced way of taking images of the breast. From a patients’ point of view, a digital mammogram feels the same as having a film mammogram. However, instead of using film to record the image, digital mammography takes an electronic image of the breast and sends it to a computer monitor. This gives the radiologists (physicians) the ability to manipulate the images in order to get the most information possible.
Services offered at the Women's Mammography and Imaging Center
- State-of-the-art technology including diagnostic and screening services, digital mammography with computer-aided detection (CAD), breast ultrasound, stereotactic biopsy, and educational services.
- Personalized care by a team with more than 100 years of combined imaging experience. Each mammographer is nationally certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- A diagnostic care coordinator who is available to help patients with an abnormal mammogram feel more comfortable and informed as they proceed with follow-up care. Working with the patient and her physician, the coordinator can schedule recommended procedures and offer guidance, reassurance, and education along the way.
- Same-day results for patients with breast problems.
- A beautiful new facility designed for comfort and privacy with ample parking.
- Extended hours including evening and lunchtime appointments to accommodate women’s busy schedules.
Women's Mammography and Imaging Center
Women and Newborn Center
1400 North 500 East
Logan, Utah 84341
Phone: (435) 716-6190
To schedule an appointment for a mammogram, call (435) 716-5307.