A nine-foot Yamaha Conservatory Grand Piano (one of nine in the U.S.) donated in memory of Elizabeth Dee Shaw Stewart, long-time hospital volunteer and philanthropist, graces the Hospital lobby. Volunteers from the community sign up to play this beautiful piano either on a regular or occasional basis. If you are interested in donating your time to play this beautiful piano and help create a healing environment for our patients and their families, please contact the McKay-Dee Hospital Foundation at (801) 387-7175 to have an application sent to you.
Women’s Council of McKay-Dee Hospital
The Women’s Council of McKay-Dee Hospital is a group of dedicated women who volunteer their time and resources to benefit the patients at McKay-Dee Hospital Center, and have been in existence since 1984. The mission of the women’s Council is to educate and advocate for community health and wellness in cooperation with McKay-Dee Hospital. The historical vision of Elizabeth Stewart is honored to benefit people with special needs and four basic tenets are followed:
- Promote healthy lifestyles through various activities to support McKay-Dee Hospital and its mission.
- Promote and plan educational conference, screenings, programs and opportunities to benefit health care professionals and members of the community.
- Promote awareness and advocacy for people with special needs by sponsoring support groups, and by providing an annual “Breakfast with Santa” event for children with special needs.
- Recognize outstanding services of those who support the mission of the Women’s Council.
- If you are interested in becoming a member of the Women’s Council of McKay-Dee Hospital, please contact McKay-Dee Hospital Foundation at (801) 387-7175.
Special Event Committees
Special Event committees start planning several months before the event takes place. They meet on a monthly basis and contribute their time and talents in areas that they feel they can make the biggest impact. We invite you to serve on one of our special event planning committees. Please contact the McKay-Dee Hospital Foundation at (801) 387-7175 for more information.
Blankets, Diversion Kits, and Eagle Scout projects greatly benefit the Foundation and the hospital. Contact the McKay-Dee Hospital Foundation at (801) 387-7175 for more information.