McKay-Dee Hospital Family Medicine Residency participates in the National Residency Matching Program for first-year Family Medicine residency positions. Applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). USMLE Step 1 is required for all students applying to the program (including osteopathic students).
For questions regarding our program or the application process, please contact:
McKay-Dee Family Medicine Residency
4403 Harrison Boulevard, Suite #A-700
Ogden, Utah 84403
Phone: (801) 387-5322
Interviews will occur from November through early January. Intermountain McKay-Dee Hospital Center seeks to provide equal access to its programs, services and activities for people with disabilities. Reasonable prior notice is requested to arrange accommodations.
Application Deadline: November 1, 2012
General Application Criteria
- Applications accepted only through ERAS
- USMLE & COMLEX test results with pass by first attempt with a minimum score of 200. Step 2, including CS must be passed prior to rank deadline with NRMP.
- Completion of medical school within last 2 years
- Three letters of recommendation – at least one from a family medicine physician
Additional requirements for International Graduates
- Valid ECFMG and Clinical Skills Assessment Certification
- Be eligible to obtain a Utah medical license at the start of second year of training
- Written evaluations demonstrating the successful completion of at least 8 weeks of a sub-internship in an ACGME accredited university setting in the United States (must be receive by mail). Of these 8 weeks, at least 4 weeks must be in a Family Medicine Sub-internship and at least 4 weeks in either a General Internal Medicine or General Pediatrics Sub-internship
We do not sponsor VISAS
These criteria are intended to serve as guidelines only. The Residency Program reserves the right to depart from these criteria under circumstances that it deems appropriate.
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions without considering a person's age, disability, gender, gender identity, national origin, ethnicity, race, color, religion, sexual orientation or genetic information.
Medical Student Rotations
Interested fourth-year medical students may arrange a Sub-I rotation at McKay-Dee Hospital Family Medicine Center through VSAS.
Family Medicine Sub-I rotations are only offered to US Medical Students through the University of Utah.
All applications will be reviewed by the Department of Family and Preventive Medicine. Students should be able to get more information from their medical school. If the medical school does not use VSAS, submit a paper application.
Scheduling for outside rotations starts May 1.