McKay-Dee Sports Medicine at Stewart Rehab Center offers a Bike Fit program to help you get your bike set up for your body. Cycling is a skill which requires proper technique and set-up of the bike to increase efficiency, maximize power output, and prevent injury. All levels of cyclists are encouraged to attend.
The Bike Fit program is designed to help cyclists minimize common overuse injuries and find the most efficient and comfortable riding position. Overuse injuries can include low back, knee and neck pain, saddle soreness and hand or foot numbness. Cycling injuries are usually a result of improper bike set up, poor posture or limited flexibility or strength.
The bike specialists at Stewart Rehab Center are able to help cyclists of all ages and experience levels using the computrainer system. The computrainer, a stationary bike trainer has the ability to measure pedal efficiency and torque. The Bike Fit program goal is to educate participants on correct technique, strength and flexibility exercise and bike adjustments.
- Bike Fit: $100 (includes computrainer analysis)
- Make adjustments on your own bike to achieve appropriate position
- Analyze pedal efficiency and technique
- Assess flexibility and alignment deficits and discuss how they affect cycling position and injuries
- Computrainer Training: $30/hour
- Ride on your own with the computrainer feedback to improve pedaling efficiency and power output
- Bike fit analysis must be completed prior to computrainer training
Contact McKay-Dee Sports Medicine at Stewart Rehab Center to schedule an appointment. Please cancel within 24 hours of your visit if you are unable to attend.
3903 Harrison Blvd.
Ogden, UT 84403
Phone: (801) 387-2080