You may receive home care services. The home care company you choose will depend on where you live, the type of service needed, and your insurance coverage. Most home care companies will assign a nurse case manager to assist with coordination of visits and supplies.
Home care personnel are not employees of the hospital or your doctor’s office. They may have different ways of doing things than the hospital. Please feel free to ask them if you have any questions about how or why things are done differently. The goal of home care is to be a resource to families.
Services home care companies may provide:
- Equipment, supplies and medications
- Central line care, including troubleshooting problems
- Nutrition through an IV catheter or feeding tube
- Obtaining blood samples from a catheter
- Occupational, physical, and speech therapy
- Pain Management
- Social Work Services
- End-of-Life Services
For more information on home care services talk to our discharge planner.