Primary Children's relies on the generous support of individuals and community groups to contribute items for patients and families to use while staying at the hospital.
If you or your community group are interested in making or collecting items to donate please see the suggestion lists below. For questions, email Marie Hendriksen or call (801) 662-5968.
Donations can be dropped off anytime at the hospital's north entrance information desk. Please bag or box donations. If you have a large quantity of donations, you may park in the half circle driveway at the North Entrance for easier unloading.
Please Note: Due to federal privacy laws, security policies, and infection control we cannot allow individuals or groups to personally give their donations to patients or families.
Eagle Scout Projects
If you are interested in doing your Eagle Scout Service Project for Primary Children's, visit our Eagle Scout Project page, submit your information, and obtain approval from Primary Children's Foundation.
Items to Make
- Fleece Blankets: sized 36” x 58” up to 72” x 58”; may be either one or two layers of fabric; remove selvages and tie all four sides.
- Quilted and Tied Quilts: 72" x 90", 54" x 80", and 45" x 60" (no all-red flannel).
- Receiving Blankets: sized 36" x 36" to 45” x 45” flannel; two layers of fabric (no batting); decorative or sewn edge acceptable. Particularly in need of 45" x 45" boy-themed receiving blankets.
- NICU Items:
- One or two layer fleece at least 58" x 58" with straight or clipped edges; no ties.
- 45" x 45" double layer flannel blankets with sewn edges; no crocheted edges or red flannel.
- Newborn and 0 - 3 month size cotton sleepers with snap
fronts; no zippers, terry cloth or polar fleece. Particularly in need
of baby boy clothing.
Please do not donate violent or gory toys and games, such as play swords, play guns, etc.
Primary Children’s Medical Center is a children’s hospital and a place of healing.
Top Needed Items:
- LEGO kits of all kinds and sizes
- Beads and beading supplies for teens
- Nail polish and manicure sets, lip gloss, chapstick, eye shadow
- Craft sets (beads, painting, 3D animal models, hemp twine, etc.)
- Action heros (Spiderman, Batman, The Hulk, Captain America, Star Wars, Iron Man, Rescue Heroes)
- Polly Pockets
- My Little Pony
- Looms for making hats
- Boy cotton sleepers with snaps (no zippers, terry cloth or polar fleece; sized newborn and 0 - 3 mos.)
- Washable Crayola markers
- 3 oz. containers of Play-doh
- Play Station II and XBox360 games (rated E) and wired controllers
- New release DVDs (especially teen and Disney movies)
- Face cards and Uno cards
- Self-contained infant toys
- Popular children's stickers
- Baby rattles (washable, no cloth)
- Footie pajamas with snaps, size 0 - 18 months
- Baby links
- Fuzzy posters
- Fisher Price music boxes
- Hot Wheels and Match Box cars
- Nerf balls, hacky sacks, yo-yos
- Gift cards (iTunes, fast food restaurants, other popular cards for teens)
- Polly Pocket
- My Little Pony
- Thomas the Tank
- Toy Story 3 themed toys
- Pixar Cars themed toys
- Fisher-Price Toys
- Hot Wheels Cars (Small Cars)
- Play Sets - Farms, Weebles, Dollhouses
- Star Stackers
- Educational Toys (i.e. Leap Frog)
- Rain sticks and Noisemaker Tubes
- Plastic Animals, Dinosaurs, etc. (Medium Size)
- Small-themed Lego Sets
- Soccer balls, Basketballs, Footballs
- Nerf balls
- Preschool Light-up/Sound Toys
- Infant Toys
- Barbie Dolls - New
- Doctor Kits
Art & Craft Supplies:
- Crayola Washable Markers
- Paint Brushes
- Children's Scissors
- Fuzzy Posters
- Coloring Books
- Necklace & Bracelets Kits
- Elmer's Glue
- Collage Materials
- Craft Kits
- Googly Eyes
- Popular Children's Books
- Spanish Books
- I Spy Books
- Toddler Books
- Vinyl Book
- Books on CD
- Teen magazines and books
- Young Adult Books
- Magazines and Books for parents
CDs & DVDs:
- DVDs - Rated G, PG, or PG-13
- Spanish DVDs
- Classical Music CDs
- Relaxing Music CDs
- Teen Music CDs - no parental advisory CDs
- Popular Country Music CDS
- Pop Music CDs - no parental advisory CDs
- Card games
- Electronic Hand-held Games
- Xbox 360 Games - rated E
- PlayStation II Games - rated E
- Controllers for Game Systems
- Handheld Video Game Systems
- Other Video Games rated "E"
- Computer Games rated "E"
Clothing - New (no gently used):
- Underwear (boys and girls, sizes 2 years to young adults)
- Snappable sleepers with long sleeves and feet, sizes 0-18 months (particularly for boys)
- T-shirts (all sizes, children and adults)
- Pajama bottoms
- Sweats (all sizes)
- Shorts (all sizes)
- Gift certificates for books, music and food