Primary Children's relies on the generous support of individuals and community groups to contribute items for patients and families to use while staying at the hospital.
If you or your community group are interested in making or collecting items to donate please see the suggestion lists below. For questions, email Marie Hendriksen or call (801) 662-5968.
Donation deliveries - Construction Update:
Due to construction at Primary Children's Hospital, the best area to deliver donations is at the South Entrance. Arrangements for large in-kind deliveries can be made by contacting Marie Hendriksen at (801) 662-5968.
Please Note: Due to federal privacy laws, security policies, and infection control we cannot allow individuals or groups to personally give their donations to patients or families.
FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON: Please be sure to deliver all items unwrapped. This helps us better fit the gift to the patient.
Eagle Scout Projects
If you are interested in doing your Eagle Scout Service Project for Primary Children's, visit our Eagle Scout Project page, submit your information, and obtain approval from Primary Children's Foundation.
Items to Make
- Fleece Blankets: sized 36” x 58” up to 72” x 58”; may be either one or two layers of fabric; remove selvages and tie all four sides.
- Quilted and Tied Quilts: 72" x 90", 54" x 80", and 45" x 60" (no all-red flannel).
- Medical Play Dolls: Use attached patterns. All instructions are on the patterns. Medical Play Doll.pdfDoll Gown Pattern.pdf
- Receiving Blankets: sized 36" x 36" to 45” x 45” flannel; two layers of fabric (no batting); decorative or sewn edge acceptable. Particularly in need of 45" x 45" boy-themed receiving blankets.
- NICU Items:
- 45" x 45" double layer flannel blankets with sewn edges; no crocheted edges or red flannel.
- Newborn and 0 - 3 month size cotton sleepers with snap fronts; no zippers, terry cloth or polar fleece. Particularly in need of baby boy clothing.
Please do not donate violent or gory toys and games, such as play swords, play guns, etc.
Primary Children’s Hospital is a place of healing.
Holiday Wishlist Items:
- LEGO kits for boys and girls
- Polly Pockets
- Nail polish and manicure sets, lip gloss, chapstick, eye shadow
- Action heros (Spiderman, The Hulk, Star Wars, Iron Man, Superman)
- My Little Pony
- Barbie clothes
- Baby teethers
- Nerf basketballs and hoops
- Nerf footballs
- New Years' celebration items (including plain cone-shaped hats for patients to decorate)
- Play Station II and III systems, games (rated E) and wired controllers
- XBox360 games (rated E) and wired controllers
- New release DVDs (especially teen and Disney movies)
- Face cards and Uno cards
- Self-contained infant toys with buttons, lights and noise
- Popular children's stickers
- Baby rattles (washable, no cloth)
- Footie pajamas with snaps, size 0 - 18 months
- Dot paints
- Squeeze balls
- Princess items for girls
- Gift cards (iTunes, fast food restaurants, other popular cards for teens)
- Polly Pocket
- My Little Pony
- Thomas the Tank
- Toy Story 3 themed toys
- Pixar Cars themed toys
- Fisher-Price toys
- Hot Wheels cars (small cars)
- Play Sets - farms, Weebles, dollhouses
- Star Stackers
- Educational toys (i.e. Leap Frog)
- Rain sticks and noisemaker tubes
- Plastic animals, dinosaurs, etc. (medium size)
- Small-themed LEGO sets
- Soccer balls, basketballs, footballs
- Nerf balls
- Preschool light-up/sound toys
- Infant toys
- Barbie dolls - new
- Doctor kits
Art & Craft Supplies:
- Crayola washable markers
- Paint brushes
- Children's scissors
- Fuzzy posters
- Coloring books
- Necklace & bracelets kits
- Elmer's glue
- Collage materials
- Craft kits
- Googly eyes
- Popular children's books
- Spanish books
- I Spy books
- Toddler books
- Vinyl book
- Books on CD
- Teen magazines and books
- Young adult books
- Magazines and books for parents
- Specific book titles include: Curious George, How To Train Your Dragon, Ivy and Bean, Diary of a Worm, Ella Enchanted, Chicka Chicka Boom, Mysterious Benedict Society, So B. It, The Maze Runner
- Books for Primary Childen's school library: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs, the Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan, the Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan, The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan, Inkheart Trilogy by Cornelia Funke, the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull, The Beyonders Trilogy by Brandon Mull, the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer, the Charlie Bone series by Jenny Nimmo, the Uglies Series by Scott Westerfeld, the Divergent series by Veronica Roth, the Maze Runner Trilogy by James Dashner, the Matched Trilogy by Allie Condie, the Lorien Legacies series by Pittacus Lore, Graceling Realm series by Kristin Cashore, Incarceron series by Catherine Fisher, Starcatchers series by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson, The Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flanagan, the Brotherband Chronicles by John Flanagan, Diary of a Wimpy Kid series by Jeff Kinney.
CDs & DVDs:
- DVDs - Rated G, PG, or PG-13
- Spanish DVDs
- Classical music CDs
- Relaxing music CDs
- Teen music CDs - no parental advisory CDs
- Popular country music CDS
- Pop music CDs - no parental advisory CDs
- Card games
- Electronic hand-held games
- Xbox 360 games - rated E
- PlayStation II games - rated E
- Controllers for game systems
- Handheld video game systems
- Other video games rated "E"
- Computer games rated "E"
Clothing - New (no gently used):
- Underwear (boys and girls, sizes 2 years to young adults)
- Snappable sleepers with long sleeves and feet, sizes 0-18 months (particularly for boys)
- T-shirts (all sizes, children and adults)
- Pajama bottoms
- Sweats (all sizes)
- Shorts (all sizes)
- Pencils and pens
- Markers, crayons, and colored pencils
- Glue sticks and rubber cement
- 3-ring binders in 1" and 3" sizes
- Nature/educational DVDs (Ex: Disneynature, Born to be Wild IMAX, Hubble IMAX)
- Colored paper and construction paper
- Manila folders
- Hanging folders
- Notebooks (no wire)
- Gift certificates for books, music and food