Primary Children's relies on the generous support of individuals and community groups to contribute items for patients and families to use while staying at the hospital.
If you or your community group are interested in making or collecting items to donate please see the suggestion lists below. For questions, email Marie Hendriksen or call (801) 662-5968.
Donation deliveries - Construction Update:
Due to construction at Primary Children's Hospital, the best area to deliver large donations is at the South Entrance. Small donations can be carried in through the North Entrance. Arrangements for large in-kind deliveries can be made by contacting Marie Hendriksen at (801) 662-5968.
When dropping off your donation, be sure to complete the donation information form so we can thank you appropriately! We are truly grateful for our generous community.
In the hospital, infections are always a risk. To protect our patients, we are no longer accepting used items. Additionally, due to federal privacy laws and security policies, donors are not able to deliver their gifts to patients or families.
Eagle Scout Projects
If you are interested in doing your Eagle Scout Service Project for Primary Children's, visit our Eagle Scout Project page, submit your information, and obtain approval from Primary Children's Foundation.
Items to Make
Extra Precaution: Please look over each sewn item for pins and needles. This will help prevent any injury to the patients.
- Fleece Blankets: sized 72" x 58”; may be either one or two layers of fabric; remove selvages and tie all four sides (watch a great instruction video - love their corner instructions and fringe ideas).
- Quilted and Tied Quilts: 72" x 90", 54" x 80", and 45" x 60" (no all-red flannel).
- Medical Play Dolls: Use attached patterns. All instructions are on the patterns. Medical Play Doll.pdfDoll Gown Pattern.pdf
- Receiving Blankets: sized 36" x 36" to 45” x 45” flannel; two layers of fabric (no batting); decorative or sewn edge acceptable. Particularly in need of 45" x 45" boy-themed receiving blankets.
- NICU Items:
- 45" x 45" double or single layer flannel blankets with sewn edges; no crocheted edges or red flannel.
- Newborn and 0 - 3 month size cotton sleepers with snap fronts; no zippers, terry cloth or polar fleece. Particularly in need of baby boy clothing.
Please do not donate violent or gory toys and games, such as play swords, play guns, etc.
Primary Children’s Hospital is a place of healing.
- Doc McStuffins
- My Little Pony
- Dora the Explorer
- Thomas the Tank Engine
- Pixar Cars themed toys
- Fisher-Price toys
- LEGO kits for boys and girls
- Hot Wheels cars (small cars)
- Star Stackers
- Educational toys (i.e. Leap Frog)
- Baby rattles (no cloth)
- Princess items
- Infant stimulation mobile (click to view)
- Plastic animals, dinosaurs, etc. (medium size)
- Soccer balls, basketballs, footballs
- Nerf footballs
- Nerf basketballs and hoops
- Preschool light-up/sound toys
- Self-contained infant toys with buttons, lights, and noise
- Barbie dolls and clothes
- Doctor kits
- Action heros
- Baby teethers
- Squeeze balls
- Polly Pocket dolls
Art & Craft Supplies:
- Crayola washable markers
- Paint brushes
- Children's scissors
- Fuzzy posters
- Dot paints
- Coloring books
- Necklace and bracelet kits
- Elmer's glue
- Craft kits
- Window markers
- Popular children's books
- Spanish books
- I Spy books
- Toddler books
- Vinyl books
- Books on CD
- Teen magazines and books
CDs & DVDs:
- DVDs - Rated G, PG, or PG-13 (especially new releases, teen, and Disney)
- Spanish DVDs
- Classical music CDs
- Relaxing music CDs
- Teen music CDs - no parental advisory CDs
- Popular country music CDS
- Pop music CDs - no parental advisory CDs
- Face card and Uno games
- Play Station II and III systems, wired controllers, and games (rated E)
- XBox360 systems, wired controllers, and games (rated E)
- Xbox One games (rated E)
- Wired controllers for game systems
- Video games rated "E"
- Underwear (boys and girls, sizes 2 years to young adults)
- Snappable sleepers with long sleeves and feet, sizes 0-18 months (particularly for boys)
- T-shirts (all sizes for children and adults; especially white)
- Pajama bottoms
- Sweats (all sizes)
- Shorts (all sizes)
- Pencils and pens
- Markers, crayons, and pencils
- Glue sticks and rubber cement
- Construction paper
- Popular children's stickers
- Gift cards (iTunes, Amazon.com, fast food restaurants, other popular cards for teens)
- Nail polish and manicure sets, lip gloss, chapstick, eye shadow