Admission to the hospital can be an emotionally difficult experience for patients and their family. We want to assist you and make your admission process go as smoothly as possible. When checking in, please let the hospital know you are a direct admit.
What To Bring
- Insurance card
- Photo ID
- Clothes and any personal items for yourself and your child
- Money for food or other items
- Information on your child’s health history
- Leave valuables at home, but feel free to bring items that can help comfort your child
- Please bring a list of medication your child is currently taking. The hospital is unable to use any home medications and the pharmacy will dispense additional doses while you are in the hospital.
The Hospital Can Provide
- Hospital pajamas
- Hygiene items, including diapers and bathing supplies.
- If using diapers larger than size 5, please bring a few for your child until we can stock your child’s size.
- For breast-feeding mothers, a pump room and refrigerator are available. Please bring your pump kit.
When You Arrive
Please check in at the main admitting or the emergency room admitting, depending on the time of arrival. The main admitting office is on your right once you enter through the
North Main Entrance on the first floor. Emergency room admitting is accessed through the emergency room main entrance.
Main admitting office (day time hours)
Monday - Thursday: 7am - 9pm
Friday: 7am- 8pm
Saturday-Sunday: 9am- 5:30pm
from October to May, the main admitting office will be open until 10pm
Emergency admitting (night and weekends)
Monday-Thursday: 9pm- 7am
Friday: after 8pm
Saturday-Sunday: after 5:30pm
After being admitted, you will receive a map to the unit and room you have been assigned. Take the admit papers to your room and give them to the nurse. The care team will be anticipating your arrival.