Primary Children's offers the following pre-surgery classes for children and their families:
Primary Children's Main Campus:
100 N. Mario Capecchi Dr.
Salt Lake City, Utah 84113
For Children Age 2 and Older
Call to register: (801) 662-2824
Class is held each day, Monday through Thursday (except holidays), from 4:30 to 5:30 pm.
Primary Children's Outpatient Services at Riverton:
3773 W. 12600 S.
Riverton, Utah 84065
Call to register: (801) 285-1537
Classes held in Primary Children's Outpatient Services at Riverton, 2nd floor Same Day Surgery Lobby.
Children 2-10 years old: Thursdays, 4:00 to 4:45 pm
Adolescents 11 years and older: Thursdays, 5:00 to 5:45 pm
The class includes:
- A video about coming to the hospital
- A guided tour of the areas of the hospital the family will see the day of surgery
- Activities to introduce children to the equipment, sights and sounds of surgery
- Activities for preteens and teens to help them learn about their operation and give them an opportunity to discuss concerns with a nurse or child life specialist
- Opportunity for parents to ask questions and learn how to help their children through the surgery.